About Jame Mosque of Sanandaj
Jame Mosque of Sanandaj, also known as Dar ul-Ihsan Mosque, is located in the old part of Sanandaj, in the north side of Imam Khomeini Street. This mosque belongs to Qajar Period and it has been constructed to the order of Amanollah Khan Ardalan, the governor of Kurdistan, in 1227 A.H. Jame Mosque of Sanandaj is located on a higher place relative to the main part of the city such that its minarets can be seen from every point of the city and the sound of muezzin can be heard. Jame Mosque of Sanandaj has an east and a west porch, minarets on the east porch, the central courtyard, 12 chambers and a shabistan with 24 stone pillars. Jame Mosque of Sanandaj is a mosque and a school, since part of this mosque is attributed to the chambers of religious trainees. This mosque has delicate and elaborate adornments of extraordinary enamel seven-color tiles, pillars with cord-like decorations, marble plinths, enamel and ma'gheli brick work, a stone pool and elegant fountains.