About Saint Sarkis Church
Saint Sarkis Church of Tabriz was built by a Petrosiyan somebody in 1821 in Baron Avak neighborhood of Tabriz to the memory of Saint Sarkis Church of Azar Shahr. This church is cross-shaped with three entrances on the north, east and west of it. Its building is made of stone and its domes are made of brick with Armenian architecture. On the east entrance of the church, there is a tomb belonging to a priest called Hakoop Gharaptiyan. In addition, outside the church, at the foot of the east wall of the courtyard, there is a stone monument beside which there are several marble inscriptions that belong to the tombs of great Armenians most of whom passed away in 19th century and were buried in the courtyard of this church.