About Sardar Mofakham Mirror House
Sardar Mofakham Mirror House in Bojnourd belongs to Qajar Era. This building along with other buildings including the Pavilion Mansion and the Pool House encompass the Dar al-Hokoomeh Complex of Sardar Mofakham. Sardar Mofakham Mirror House was constructed in 1872 concoinciding with the reign of Naseruddin Shah to the order of Yar Mohammad Khan Shadloo known as Sardar Mofakham and it has been used as an official and court space. Sardar Mofakham Mirror House is constructed in two floors with totally nine rooms. One of the upstairs' rooms is a hall the walls and ceiling of which is mirror work and this building is called Mirror House because of this hall. This building has three entrances. The bigger one is located on the north side and two smaller entrances are located on the east and west sides. On both sides of the main entrance, there are four semi columns the body of which is adorned with turquoise, azure, black, white and yellow tiles. Two central semi columns that are exactly located on the sides of the entrance are taller on the body of which the name of the Holy Prophet of Islam (PBUH) is inscribed 12 times in Kufic and adorned with geometrical shapes. Sardar Mofakham Mirror House has been registered as a national monument of Iran.